The main jurisdiction of the department :
1. Expropriate for public benefit (state public projects).
2. Expropriate properties and temporary seizure for public benefit based on the decision released from ministers council and municipality council and determine the amount of money for the compensation decided.
3. Financial and administrative settlement for Regulatory block according to the laws, regulations and decisions in force.
4. swapping required real estate owned by the public and the state by the country and Estimate the value of real estate and complete the process between the two real estates ,moreover produce a statement showing the amount of payment from those who may be concerned or what amount of payment might be taken from them.
5. Taken the procedures of Annexation or added moreover determine the prices depending on the case and in According to the decisions issued in this regard.
6. The real estates property estimate which requested by the judicial authorities and other official authorities.
7. Issuing the expropriate certificate for citizens as request of some ministries and different departments or private sector.
8. organize the work of the Committees under the law(64/33 and the modifications that been applied on it) in the matter of expropriate and temporary seizure for public benefits (committee of expropriate , committee of evaluation , committee of objections) and provide everything that those committees need such as technical studies plus Administrative procedures In coordination with private sector.
9. Coordination with the various legal and judicial authorities In order to ensure the validity of procedures and verification of compliance with the provisions, regulations, and decisions which organize the work of the administration.
General Manager of expropriation followed by these sections:
- Planning and Administrative Development section
- Public Relations and customer service section.
Coordination and Follow up office
The legal department
- Supervisor of Legal Affairs:-
1. Coordination section.
2. Issues and follow up the implementation of the verdicts section.
3. Administrative investigation section.
- Supervisor Legal Studies and followed by:-
1. Legal studies section.
2. Advisory opinions section.
Administration of committees and survey affairs
- Supervisor cadastral affairs.
1. Real Estate Settlement section.
2. Survey and geometrical drawing section.
3. Archive section.
- Supervisor committees’ affairs.
1. Secretariat of the committee of expropriate.
2. Secretariat of committee of evaluation.
3. Secretariat of committee of objections.
Administration of Financial and Administrative Affairs
- Supervisor financial affairs.
1. Accounting section.
2. Evaluation accounts section.
3. Transfers and catalog card section.
- Supervisor administrative affairs.
1. Public records section.
2. Staff conditions section.
3. Administrative services section.
4. Information Systems and Technical Support section.
The detailed terms of reference of the components of the organizational structure
Office of the manager of expropriation specializing in:-
- Preparing advisory studies and researches concerning work development and limiting the problems and obstacles that face the work
- Planning the human resources needed and training requirements in coordination with the concerned authorities.
- Set work plans and follow up the completion of the transactions And the preparation of monthly and annual with reports for the achievements.
- Applying customers service and organizingvisits and follow-upappointments as well as follow up everything related to media.
The Office of the general manager of expropriation contain these section:-
Planning and Administrative Development section specialize in:-
- Prepare advisory studies and research concerning work development in coordination with concerned authorities.
- Limit the problems and the obstacles that face the work and develop the appropriate solutions .
- Follow up the implementation ,the procedures, and instructions associated in with concerned authorities
- Follow up the completion of the transactions of the applicants, and simplifying the procedures including speed and accuracy in finishing up the work.
- Limit the department need of human resource with concerned authorities
- Prepare the training programs.
- Prepare and follow up annual and five year work plans of the administration in cooperation and coordination with the concerned units inside and outside the administration
- Prepare the training programs that have been involved by the administration and the supervision and administration sections
- Prepare an annual plan for programs and conferences, workshops and official missions
- Prepare monthly and annual statistical of the accomplishment of the department
Public Relations and customer service section specializes in:-
- Arranging and organizing official visits of senior officials and guests to view the different management activities
- Follow what is published in the media.
- Coordinate with different Medias in order to show the essential role that the administration provide.
- Prepare and implement social and cultural programs services for the workers of the department or between the department and other sectors of the ministry.
- Receive complaints and suggestions of citizens and respond to their queries and complaints.
- Receive the authentic documents of ownership and the necessary documents from concerned persons
- Deliver the letter of evaluation and other finished documents after certifying to the concerned persons
- Issue certificate to whom may be concerned based on citizens requests
- Issue certificate to whom may be concerned based on applicants via internet feature
- Receive the staff complaints and suggests and prepare a memorandum opinion along with the opinion of the competent authority latter
- Deliver books of evaluations to senior and handicapped people recognized by law number (2010/8) in their residence .
Coordination and Follow up office
- Coordination and follow-up with the manager office and the Specialized units in regard of the notes of the supervision authorities upon the work of the administration and requesting for the necessary clarifications in regard of finding the suitable solutions in order to correct any deviation or any hole revealed by these authorities .
- Responding to inquiries given by the Ministers Council, Kuwait national assembly and the higher management in coordination with the specialized units in the administration.
- Follow-up the application of supervision models and standards And in particular the criteria adopted by the quality system (ISO) and that is with the coordination with the specialized units in the administration.
- Coordination and follow-up with the specialized units to follow up the Engineering Projects of the administration .
- Coordination and follow-up with the specialized units in the administration in order to check the efficiency and effectiveness of the application of laws and regulations and outbound systems.
- Work and preserve the documents and records Related to the work of the administration and Preparing for meetings of committees in coordination with the specialized units.
The legal department and specialize in :-
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to the application of law,decrees,decisions and to express an opinion, moreover propose law projects and participate in preparing them.
- Compilation of legal opinions, judgements and principles issued by the courts also taking interest in legal studies and work to develop the legal library.
- Investigate any violation committed by the administration staff and propose a recommendation concerning the matter.
- Represent the department in experience sessions in front of experts department in ministry of justice which the department is part of these sessions
- Monitor the implementation of the verdicts in favour of or against the administration
- Monitor the implementation of the verdicts referred from government entity
- Represent the department in all matters that requirea legal opinion
- Prepare the necessary defense to maintain the interest of the public treasury in coordination with the department of legal advice and legislation which the department of expropriate for public benefit are a part of it in front of the court or in front of the department of experts in the ministry of justice
- Participate in preparing legal projects , decree and regulations that is concerned in the management of expropriate department and express opinion when requested, moreover prepare studies and rehabilitate legal cadres in the department
The legal department includes the following supervisors and sections :-
First :- Supervisor of Legal Affairs her following sections :-Coordination section specializes in :
- Inbox and Outbox in comings mail ,outgoing mail
- Conservation work and Archive
- printing imaging and book binding
- organize and coordinate appointments for courts representatives
- coordinate appointments for experience sessions
- prepare statistics on cases and experience sessions and legal opinion
Cases and follow up the implementation of the verdicts section specializes in:-
- follow up the procedures of execution seizure and precautionary attachment which is notified to administration by the ministry of justice
- audit and review all types of agencies'
- follow up on declaration of lawsuits and notice of appeal that are filed against the department
- The preparation of memos and documents that are held claims of or against the administration\
- address the related investigating authorities concerning the violation that is committed by employees of the administration during work
- follow up on Judicial dispute arbitration
- follow up on the administration filed lawsuits at the department of Legal Advice and Legislation Department or other concerned authorities
- represent the administration in the experts sessions in front of the department of experts in the ministry of justice and provide defense documents that support the administration point of view
- receive declaration of lawsuits and notice of appeal and notifications and all other judicial papers that are against department of expropriation and open their own files moreover follow up the procedures of what will be held in coordination with the department of legal advice and legislation .
- prepare defense memos and provide the documents during declaration of lawsuits and notice of appeal and judicial arbitration that the department of expropriate are part of it and send it to department of legal advice and legislation.
- give opinion in Judgements which is against the administration and send the legal appointments to department of legal advice and legislation
Administrative investigation section
- Conduct investigations in all subjects and infractions addressed to the management based on decisions issued from concerned authorities .
- show the results of investigations and propose recommendations regarding the infractions within the investigations.
- receive the complaints submitted by employees of the department and follow up the procedures to show it to the concerned authorities
- examine the grievances submitted by employees of the department and show the results to the specialists in order for them to take the right decisions
Third : Supervisor Legal Studies and followed by:-
Legal studies section
- Study law projects ,decrees, regulations and decisions and express opinion in them moreover participate in proposing and rewriting them and prepare legal studies about them
- gather legal opinions, judgements and principles issued by the courts and classify it moreover taken interest in legal studies and work develop the legal library
- review and rewriting the administrative decisions related to the administration
Advisory opinions section
- Give legal opinion in issues related to applying the law , decrees and regulations.
- Give opinion and notes about what is offered to the administration from the administration units
- Prepare memos in subjects that the general manager of expropriation department believe should be referred to him
- Follow up the procedures of finding out the legal opinion and legislations upon what is given to them of legal matters related to the administration
Fourth: Administration of committees and survey affairs specializing in :-
- Applying the provisions of the laws ,regulations and decisions adopted in regarding rules and the executive measures related to organizing areas blocks in order to be able to do the administrative procedures and settlements that are based on it
- completing the executive measures for real estate settlements( exchange, adding or modifying borders) According to the decisions and regulations issued upon the decisions of the Council of Ministers and the Municipal Council
- Audit the real estate compliance certificate and audit the necessary documents .
- Review the Acquisition formula and auditing its content .
- Contact the concerned authorities to show a statement of existing buildings and the type of usage for the wanted properties in order to organize it or expropriate it
- Survey and audit the organized or the expropriate properties and Field inspection on buildings and Attachments Valuation
- Archive and preserving the necessary plans and documents for organized real estate
- Organize the work of Secretariat of the committees working within the administration and provide everything they need in coordination with concerned authorities
Supervising cadastral affairs
Real estate settlements section specializing in :-
- applying the provisions of laws and the regulations followed in regard of executive measures in concern of organizing organize blocks in order to complete the administrative measures and settlements based upon it.
- complete administrative and financial measures in regard of (exchange, adding and modifying borders).
- audit the real estate compliance certificate and the necessary records and documents.
- search and study the transactions related to the real estate settlements based upon the request of concerned authorities
Survey and geometrical drawing section specializing in :
- review Acquisition formula and audit the details and add it to the public plans .
- addressing the concerned authorities to show a statement of existing buildings and the type of usage for the wanted properties in order to present it to the expropriation committee and evaluation committee .
- survey and audit the wanted properties in order to expropriate it before presenting it to the committee of expropriation and committee of evaluation and locating the locations of the wanted properties.
- inspect the buildings and valuations attachments for the expropriated real estates.
- provide the committee of evaluations and committee of objections with the prices of nearby expropriated properties in order to compare and be guided from it.
- prepare and draw the needed plans.
Archive section specializing in :
- archive the transactions files( expropriated –exchange- adding-outside the general organizating line- organized blocks).
- provide the concerned sections with technical files According to themodel prepared for this regulation and circulation.
- Save copies of formal letters within files contained classified according to the nature of each transaction
Supervising committees affairs specializing in:-
- Prepare tables with the wanted properties in order to issue a decision for public benefit and display it upon the committee in coordination with concerned administrations.
- Prepare tables concerning the works of the committees and distribute it among the members with all the details and required attachments moreover prepare a record of the committees meeting .
- The preparations of projects for the decisions of expropriations in coordination with legal administration and notify the concerned authorizes about it after certifying it by the minister of finance.
- Distribute the decisions of expropriations in the Official Gazette.
- Provide the Secretariat of committee of evaluation with the committees decisions in order to take the required procedures toward the evaluated expropriated properties.
Secretariat of committee of evaluations specializing in :
- Prepare tables concerning the work of the committee and distribute it among the members plus notifying them the date and place of the meetings .
- Provide information and data related to the offered transactions upon the committee jointly with supervising of cadastral affairs.
- accompanying the evaluation committee when moving to perform field inspection on the wanted properties for expropriation moreover writing down all the notes that the committee members give in regard of the property.
- prepare a record of the committee meetings.
- write down the date of evaluation and the details on the Acquisition formula
Secretariat of committee of objections specializing in :
- register the complaints given from concerned persons objecting on the evaluation price.
- Notify the objector with the meeting with the committee in order to view his objection on the price
- Accompanying the committee on the field inspection in coordination with cadastral affairs
- Prepare tables concerning the work of the committee and distribute it upon the committee members
- Issuing decisions of the committee then referee it to the supervising of financial affairs
Administration of Financial and Administrative Affairs specializing in:
- Prepare the annual budget and the follow-up the project implementation in coordination with the concerned authorities
- prepare a periodic financial statements of what has been spent from the budget for expropriation
- Carrying out the tasks of preparing and recording and maintaining various accounting books
- auditing all the statements and records of both committees of objections and evaluations
- insert the data of organized and expropriated properties and conserve it automatically
- Sort and record all the books and the mails and incoming transactions and classify it and code it
- Follow-up presence and the departure of staff in accordance with the systems and regulations
- follow up on the employees financial and administrative conditions
- preparing all reports and administrative circulars in coordination with the legal department
- Supervision of all maintenance contracts and administrative services contracts
- assist employees affairs committee in managing the works
Supervising financial affairs
Accounting section specialize in :-
- Preparing annual budget project and follow up the implementation after it adopted and that in coordination with the concerned authorities
- carrying out the tasks of recording in various accounting books via the statements of committee of evaluations and committee of objections .
- preserve transfers records of the department of expropriation such as evaluation records, modifying records and reconsidering
- audit the spending notices received from the concerned administration in Ministry of Finance and match them and preserve a copy of the transfers after attaching it with the records
- prepare the annual budget project for the expropriation article in coordination with the concerned authorities
- prepare the over statement book according to the budget adopted
- prepare the periodic financial statements to clarify what has been spent from the acquisition budget
Evaluation accounts section specialize in:-
- preparing drafts of evaluation letters and returning letters modifying outside the main regular line and exchange
- prepare the records of evaluation, reconsideration, adding, changing and modifying
- audit on the letters of evaluation, reconsideration, adding, changing and modifying
- preserve the records of evaluation, returning and modifying and classify them
Transfers and catalog card section specialize in :-
- prepare drafts of transfer payments of expropriated properties in according to the adopted budget and audit them
- restrict the transfers numbers and its date on records of evaluation ,modifying and returning
- producing the transferred after auditing the received details in the records of evaluations
- register the names of Beneficiaries of valuation in special card for every beneficiary
- Indexing and arrange the names in the books and cards in alphabet manner
- respond to the requests given from various government authorities and relating to the names of the beneficiaries of evaluation
- notify Information section Systems and Technical section with the latest modifications in the statements of the names of beneficiaries of evaluation
Public records section specializes in :-
- receive incoming and outgoing mails from the rest of administration
- sort and register all the books mails and incoming transactions moreover classify and numbering it and distribute it on the administrations , supervising and concerned sections.
- Carry out the tasks of preserving documents, regulations and decisions issued from the ministries, departments and government authorizes related to the matter.
- prepare a monthly report on transmitters and meetings issued from the administration in addition to the books and transmitters received into the administration.
Staff conditions section specializing in:-
- follow up on the presence and the departure of the staff in according to the regulations and system adopted in
- follow up on the financial and administrative condition of the staff
- receive the candidates requests for appointment ,reappointment and transportation and the authority to represent
- study the needs of different administrations and supervising and sections of man power in coordination with section of Planning and Administrative Development
- preparing all the administrative decisions and regulations in coordination with the legal department
- Notify the Civil Service Bureau and the Audit Bureau and the General Authority for Civil Information with a copy of the appointment decisions
- Prepare the necessary decision to change the job title for Kuwaiti citizens and none Kuwaiti citizens
- Prepare special decisions to form committee and work groups
- Prepare special decisions for the annual evaluation moreover testing period for the new employees
- Follow up the decisions and circulations of the Civil Service Bureau and Civil Service Council
- Provide the committee of employees affairs in the administration with every DATA and information they need
Administrative services section specializes in:-
- Follow up on all work Maintenance for the department building
- Follow up all the special contracts of hygiene , security , buffet and copier machine and copies and others.
- Organize and distribute the parking cards among the employees of the administration and follow up the process of taking it back when the employees have ended their services , transported, or given the authority to represent
- Follow up the special transactions concerned of installing phone lines for the department
- Follow up the work of electricity and water and air conditions and alarm machines and elevators
- Supervising the safety and security staff, the cleaners staff ,correspondents,drivers and janitors
Information Systems and Technical Support section specializing in:-
- Inserting all the data of expropriation department on the system
- Inserting all the real estate data location outside the organized line
- Limit the needs of the administration such as desktops and its equipment and software to support it
- Prepare the technical Specifications for Automatic equipment and programming in coordination with the administration units
- Set the necessary procedures to ensure the proper distribution and use of hardware and software
- Prepare periodic reports on the accomplishments of thesection
- Prepare memos and ways to activate the system in coordination with the administration units
- Study problems related to the operationof databases and work to find and implement the necessary solutions
- Determine the actual needs of machines and necessary equipments in order for the system to be operated
- Grant authority to specialist in using the system and determine the authorities granted
- Grant Awareness and guidance on using the system
- Carrying out the tasks of maintenance and installing the desktops and its attachments
- Install the special programs of the administration works
- Solve the general problems of the system while working and work to develop the system
- Maintenance and installing the networks